- 3 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper*
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese, cut into 1/2 inch cubes OR 1 cup of shredded cheese
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons of butter, melted
- 1 egg, lightly beaten OR 1 tablespoon of milled flaxseed & 3 tablespoons of water
Heat oven to 350. Grease a 9×5 loaf pan.
In a bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, cayenne pepper, & black pepper. Carefully stir in cheese until covered in flour mixture. This will help prevent your cheese sinking to the bottom of your loaf of bread.
In a different bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients. Fold the wet mixture into the flour & cheese mixture. Stir until just combined. Don’t over stir.
Pour & spread the mixture into the loaf pan. Bake for 45-50 minutes.
Let cool 10 minutes & then remove from pan. Allow to cool for one hour before slicing and serving.
*I use 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper for a little more heat.
Recipe from: Praying for Parker