Alright. Listen up, boys & girls.
This is a Professional Mr. AFV special. This is his recipe for The Best Tuna Salad Ever.
Oh? What’s that? You have a really good one, too? Shut your stinky whole because I’ll bet my left boob that it doesn’t hold a candle to this one. PS: my left boob is the good one. ;)
- 1 large red onion or 1 1/2 medium sized red onions, diced into tiny pieces
- 2 celery stalks, chopped into small pieces
- 4 small cans of tuna, drained*
- 1 tsp. fresh ground black pepper
- 3 tsp. garlic powder
- 3 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. each of paprika, cumin & chili powder
- 4 tablespoons of red vinegar
- 4 tablespoons of EVOO**
- juice of 1 lime
- 3/4 cup of mayo, or however much you like
- 1 tablespoon of mustard, whichever kind you like
- 1/2 a bundle of cilantro, finely chopped + more for sprinkling on top
Mix all this together really well. Let it chill an hour before serving so the flavors can ~marinate~. Serve it over a pita, or on a sandwich or just shovel into your mouth like I know you will, you dirty little WAIT THIS IS A FAMILY BLOG.
* I hate tuna. A lot. But this tuna salad recipe makes me LOVE TUNA. How much? SO MUCH.
** EVOO. EE. VEE. OH. OH. EVOO. Andrés hates that Rachael Ray calls it that. So I say it as much as possible. EVOO. (It means extra virgin olive oil.)